Week 3 Update

             First, I prepared for the presentation. Then, I shifted my focus on completing the Bill of Materials. Afterwards, the team and I combined orders with the other teams to purchase items from McMaster-Carr.  I also went to sims with the team to obtain material that was not available at the shop. Then, I was the lead for sending the order to Kyle for getting parts water jet cut, so first the team spend time creating DXF files. However, the water jet at school is under maintenance. The goal was to combine orders with wayside and suspension, but after the set back there were changes in the plan. I ended up calling many local fabricating and machining shops. The problem was that the laser cutting could not cut the thick steel or cut wholes that were smaller in diameter compared to the thickness. Furthermore, many shops had a lead time of 2-4 week before they could start working on our parts. I was able to find one laser cutting shop and two water jet companies. Metal Werx, one of the water jet companies gave a ridiculously high quote even though I mentioned Dan's name as a recommendation who they remembered. I was able to find another water jet shop, \Platinum Water Jet Cutting, that promises to get the parts cut out by the upcoming Wednesday, so I will be dropping of the material Monday morning. All of this was done with consent of Eric. The parts also came in from McMaster, so I was able to print the 3D Pulley and fit the bearing in for the tension system with the help of Josh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 - Update

Week 2- SSDC