Week 2- SSDC

Week 2 -SSDC
For this week, I worked with the team on some parts of the articulation of the bogie and did research on how to use a thrust bearing as Dan had suggested. Furthermore, I changed the design of the tensioning system to make it more simple and use the current motor mount as Dan suggest. I then created a bracket that pivots around one point on the motor mount as it tensions the system with spring.  I also worked on finding parts and updating the Bill of Materials. Firstly, the systems team did not know what pulley they were going to attach to the shaft of the electric motor. I then found a pulley for the shaft which has teeth as a recommend feature by Eric. I also found the approiprate spring on McMaster-Carr.
Pivoting Tensioning System

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Update

Week 4 - Update